Every year 8th of March is internationally celebrated as the Women’s Day – a day to show our love, gratefulness and respect to the women who have somewhere or the other influenced our lives. They are the ones who have added beauty and meaning to our years of existence. So this is the perfect time when one can celebrate their significance and let them know that the world can’t be a better place without women. For the women of the world, the day is an occasion to review how far they have come in their struggle for equality, peace and development.
In order to acknowledge the contribution of women to international peace and security, the United Nations General Assembly, composed of delegates from every Member State marked this day as the Women’s Day. Originally called International Working Women’s Day, 8th March is also celebrated to recognize that peace and social progress require the active participation and equality of women. In different provinces and countries the focus of the celebrations varies from universal celebration of admiration, gratitude and adoration towards women to a gala for women’s economic, political and social accomplishments. The UN theme for International Women’s Day 2013 is “A promise is a promise: Time for action to end violence against women,” while International Women’s Day 2013 has declared the year’s theme as The Gender Agenda: Gaining Momentum.
A woman is also a personification of tenderness, compassion, care and wisdom. On this Women’s Day, wish your female friends great happiness with some of the best Women Day quotes. Spend beautiful moments with them and make them feel proud of who they are. Few of the best Women Day quotes have been provided for you to send them to the gorgeous ladies of your life.
Ten Best Women Day Quotes
1. “Whatever glory belongs to the race for a development unprecedented in history for the given length of time, a full share belongs to the womanhood of the race” – Mary Mcleod Bethune
2. “The fastest way to change society is to mobilize the women of the world” – Charles Malik
3. “Women have served all these centuries as looking glasses possessing the magic and delicious power of reflecting the figure of a man at twice its natural size” – Virginia Woolf
4. “To those who can dream there is no such place as faraway” – Anon
5. “Woman is the companion of man, gifted with equal mental capacity” – Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
6. “Women are the real architects of society” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
7. “Because man and woman are the complement of one another, we need woman’s thought in national affairs to make a safe and stable government” – Elizabeth Cady Stanton
8. “One is not born a woman, one becomes one” – Simone de Beauvoir
9. “Women are seldom silent. Their beauty is forever speaking for them” – By Philip Moeller
10. “A charming woman doesn’t follow the crowd. She is herself” – by Loretta Young